1. They communicate well and regularly with their clients. As a seller or buyer, it can be stressful dealing with an agent who’s not a great communicator. The real estate market is time-sensitive, so you need an agent who constantly keeps you in the loop about your current buying or selling situation. Poor communication from agents is one of the biggest frustrations for buyers and sellers. You’ll end up wasting precious time on opportunities that offer a limited chance of success.
2. They are proactive with the sales process. A good agent should be proactively calling potential buyers, communicating with existing customers and constantly chasing new leads. The key element of being proactive is keeping the client well informed. If your clients keep calling you, you’re not giving them enough information they need to be updated.
3. They listen. Most good agents will tell you to be wary of an agent who talks too much. If you can’t get a word in when communicating with your agent, then you’ve got a problem. As a client or customer, you’re the one who should be doing most of the talking and making sure that your agent understands your special requests and needs. A good agent should be asking all the questions, and not the other way around. Thay must also be able to ‘read’ their client, and adapt their approach accordingly.
4. They’re client-motivated. Put simply, if the customer gets a good deal, the agent gets one as well. Which is why it is so important to choose an agent who puts clients first, and always have their client’s needs at the top priority. Buying and selling houses can be stressful and it’s important for the agent to make sure that they feel supported and happy.
5. They know the local area. Real estate agents are selling more than a home; they’re selling the life that comes with it, which requires a deep understanding of the local area. So, make sure that you ask your prospective agents a handful of questions before deciding which one’s right for you.
6. They know their clients time frame. Knowing and understanding urgency is essential to a good client-agent relationship. You need to know if the client is in a hurry to sell. If they need to settle soon, the agent should know this, and should be working to a tighter time frame. If the client isn’t in a rush, the agent can shop around and advise the client to wait for a better market so they get a decent price on their house.
7. They know their customer’s motivation for selling. A good agent always knows why their clients are selling, and will ask themselves the following questions:
It also helps to know if there’s a sentimental attachment to a home. A client who’s selling one of five investment properties will have very different needs to a client who’s selling their family home. A good agent will know the difference and will adapt accordingly.
8. They aren’t afraid to give you their last 20 clients as references. Perhaps the easiest way to find a good agent is to use their past clients as references. If you’ve lined up a new agent and you want to make sure that they’re the best fit for you, ask them for testimonials or statements from their last 20 clients or so.
Call us now at 216-619-4387. We can buy your house in Cleveland Ohio – FAST!